Fencing Safety Rules as put forth by the US Fencing Coaches Association
1. Warm up before training and competing.
2. Never ever point your weapons at a nearby unmasked fencer or person during training.
3. Wear all protective fencing equipment for lessons, bouting and competition.
4. Maintain and regularly check your equipment for safety.
5. If your weapon breaks, stop fencing immediately.
6. Keep proper fencing distance and stay alert.
7. Never turn your back to the opponent when fencing and after the match.
8. Use fencing actions appropriate for the skill level and facility at hand.
9. Comply with US Olympic Committee policy on banned substances.
10. Always be courteous & display sportsmanship.